First Cut! Youth Film Festival: Open Call 2017
We are now accepting entries for the First Cut! Youth Film Festival open submission short film programme - submit your film free of charge!
If you're filmmaker aged between 12 and 24, and you've got a short film, we want to see it!
Now in its eighth year, First Cut! Youth Film Festival showcases new films by young filmmakers over three days packed with screenings, workshops, and talks by film industry professionals. It provides a valuable opportunity for young people to network and share their passion for making films with a wide group of likeminded people. Every type of film is screened: fiction, documentary, animation, music video and more.
To find out how to submit your film, visit our Open Call page.
Awards presented at the 2016 festival were as follows:
- Best Film: 'The Old Lie', Firefly Arts, Scotland
- Best Director: Rachel McGill, 'Poppies'
- Best Animation: 'Walked Dog, Dog's Dead. Sorry', Dermot Lynskey (IADT)
- Best Documentary: 'Ram Fair', Jonathan Connolly
- Best Music Video: 'Not Waving But Drowning' Freya Hellebust
- Best Third Level Student Film: 'Malum', Skye Alanazi (BCSE)
- Best Secondary School Film: 'A Wider Path', Richard Thien / Anna Maya Pawlowski (Magh Ene College, Bundoran)
- Best CYF School: 'An Scannáin Ufásach', Colaiste Ghobnatán, Baile Mhic Íre.
- Best CYF Overall: 'Milky Boy', Mallow Summer Film Week
The Young Music Video Competition (from 5 young filmmakers selected and mentored by Brendan Canty & Conal Thomson of Feel Good Lost) produced a tie between Brendan Corcoran and Christian Tierney, both from Dublin.